How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118708
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can my Lawyer told me that my asylum case was close by

Customer Question

Hi. How can my Lawyer told me that my asylum case was close by the judge without having a master hearing after I've been waiting 4 for years. Is it possible
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The court may issue a judgment without a hearing on these cases, it is at the discretion of the court. It is called a "judgment on the pleadings" where the court believes they have enough information in the documents filed in court to make a decision in the case without any hearing. Not all cases go for a hearing, if they did the courts would be so crowded you would never get a court date.
However, do not believe the attorney, contact the clerk of court's office in the court where the petition was filed and you can get the case file to see what was done AND, more important, you can read exactly why the court did dismiss if they dismissed the case and this would give you a chance possibly to file the case again to fix what the court claimed the problem leading to dismissal was.