How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11772
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am neha...wanted some information regarding internal

Customer Question

Hi I am neha...wanted some information regarding internal adoption?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My aunt wants to adopt me she is a lawful permanent permanent resident...wat are the documents required for adoption?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Immigration Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 13 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I may have bad news for you depending on what you want to do. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger. How old are you? What country are you from? Are you looking to be adopted for a U.S. immigration benefit or just for inheritance purposes and such?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 26 years old and Indian citizen. My aunt wants to adopt me and she is a US permanent resident. This adoption is not for immigration benefit
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. That's good because you are too old for an adoption to help you in regards ***** ***** immigration benefit. Since your question ended up in the immigration forum, I have to opt out and pass it on to the family law forum. Please give it some time, maybe half an hour or so, for an administrator to move the question over. No need to respond now as it can delay the transfer. Your account has not been deducted and you are not charged anything additional. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

New Expert here,

I need to ask in which State you and your aunt reside.

Are your parents still alive?