How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2166
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not red an attorney divorce yet. I can not afford it.

Customer Question

I have not hired an attorney for my divorce yet. I can not afford it. How do I go about getting a portion of my husbands retirement. Can I handle this process myself? He is a retired teacher in Pennsylvania
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Although it is best to have an attorney you can file for divorce on your own. The retirement account is generally going to be considered a marital asset that should be divided.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

You may also be able to get him to cover your attorney costs.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. You f not could you kindly provide a rating?