Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter has been using my grandchildren as pawns since…

Customer Question
My daughter has been using...
My daughter has been using my grandchildren as pawns since the day the first was born. She is now married to a 3rd baby daddy who is evil and abusive. My oldest granddaughter said she will tell the judge everything and wants to live with me. Don't know what to do. She is threatening no communication once again. My granddaughter will be 12 in May, live in Pittsburgh, Pa
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/31/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You can certainly try to file for custody but the courts generally prefer to keep children with their parents unless there is clear physical abuse or threats. Also any illegal drug use is also grounds for changes from a biological parent's custody. Also be aware the court would first consider the father as a the first option.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer