How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will a judge grant custody and child support to me without

Customer Question

Will a judge grant custody and child support to me without an attorney present. Like if I represent myself? As long as I have my paper work filled out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

It is always recommended that you have an attorney present especially when something as important as the custody of your children are at stake and especially when the other side has an attorney. But yes, if the facts are on your side you can represent yourself which is called pro se. You will have to present your own case and question witnesses yourself as well as take care of any procedural issues that may come up which at times can be complicated. Here is a website containing free forms that might help you out:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, did you have any further questions?