Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Will a judge grant custody and child support to me without…

Customer Question
Will a judge grant custody...
Will a judge grant custody and child support to me without an attorney present. Like if I represent myself? As long as I have my paper work filled out?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/31/2016
Family Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

It is always recommended that you have an attorney present especially when something as important as the custody of your children are at stake and especially when the other side has an attorney. But yes, if the facts are on your side you can represent yourself which is called pro se. You will have to present your own case and question witnesses yourself as well as take care of any procedural issues that may come up which at times can be complicated. Here is a website containing free forms that might help you out: http://www.eighthdistrict.org/pro_se.htm

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, did you have any further questions?

Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer