How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to File -Fault Divorce in New York? Where do I go? What

Customer Question

How to File for No-Fault Divorce in New York? Where do I go? What are the step by step, what forms do I need and their names, I dont want a lawyer and we have agreed to everything, we have no kids, no house. We need to know how to get started and how much would it cost. We been living in NYC for the past 10 years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will provide you information in this regard.

The NY court system has this WEBSITE that I suggest you can use for the Do It Yourself uncontested divorce. Once you get to the link and read the page, at the middle is a link that will allow you to proceed. It provides all the forms. You will file in the Superior Court in the county/borough where defendant lives. If the Defendant does not live in NY then you file in your county/borough.

The filing fee is $250.00

Once you get to the link with the DIY forms, etc. If you still need more instructions, you can review this LINK

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You also can let me know here, if you have other questions. Thanks