Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I live in South Dakota and my soon to be ex husband lives in…

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****...
Hello my name is***** live in South Dakota and my soon to be ex husband lives in California. He is using a online divorce site and has asked me for very personal information. Regarding my pay stub and credit card amounts plus wants my address. I am asking if this is standard procedure also can I not submit this information because I just want irreconcilable difference
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/30/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In every divorce action, parties must share and disclose financial information and addresses. Even in irreconcilable differences or in an uncontested divorce, you each have to disclose information to one another, so that is a standard procedure in all divorces.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer