How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117460
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in South Dakota and my soon to be ex husband lives in

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** live in South Dakota and my soon to be ex husband lives in California. He is using a online divorce site and has asked me for very personal information. Regarding my pay stub and credit card amounts plus wants my address. I am asking if this is standard procedure also can I not submit this information because I just want irreconcilable difference
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In every divorce action, parties must share and disclose financial information and addresses. Even in irreconcilable differences or in an uncontested divorce, you each have to disclose information to one another, so that is a standard procedure in all divorces.