How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Glenn Zimmerman Your Own Question
Glenn Zimmerman
Glenn Zimmerman,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of Glenn D. Zimmerman
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Glenn Zimmerman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a victum of my commonlaw husband of 18 years 3 kids not

Customer Question

hello i am a victum of my commonlaw husband of 18 years 3 kids not only cheated on me but also abanded me and me 2 kids now. i have no money actually we were due for child support and an alimony hearing yesterday but on tuesday i fell for a line of bull shit and he talked me into dropping that he said his lawyer told hi to have me drop it because he choose to move back home to be with his kids and it just dawn on me i have been played by him because we still have a conference with master divorce decree on 2/4/2016 please help me and my ki9ds with some feed back
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Glenn Zimmerman replied 1 year ago.

My suggestion is to get a lawyer through your bar association's volunteer lawyer program. However, if it has been less than two weeks [usually it's between 14 - 30 days], it is likely you can file a motion/request to reconsider. I would state in the motion that your husband has not moved back in and that you and your children are without support. I would state that it is in the best interest of the children that support begin immediately based upon yor state's guidelines. It is presumed that if he is living with you that he is providing support. If you submit a statement that is notarized that he promised to move back in, but never did and did not provide support, then you will have rebutted this presumption. Good Luck.

Related Family Law Questions