Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am divorced and now re-married. My ex is refusing to allow…

Customer Question
I am divorced and now...
I am divorced and now re-married. My ex is refusing to allow me to have my 2 minor children (16 yr boy & 10 yr girl) stay with me, my wife, and step-son (13 yr boy) in a hotel room during travel. She is saying KY law prevents my children from sleeping in the same room (hotel). Can you please advise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/29/2016
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

She is wrong. That is, there is NOTHING in KY law that states you can not stay, overnight, in a hotel with your kids.

Period.

KY law does have laws that prohibit you from abusing or neglecting your children...but what you are describing? That is neither abuse nor neglect

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer