How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31786
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i refuse visitation to my son's father while there is a

Customer Question

Can i refuse visitation to my son's father while there is a pending cps investigation in indiana and being the custodial parent with custody that has no actual parenting plan established?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The father would have a right of visitation with his child unless there's a court order in place that says otherwise. Thus, if there is no such court order in place, you couldn't technically stop him.....but if you file for an emergency custody order and ask the court to prohibit visitation due to his CPS investigation....and the court would likely approve.