Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can i refuse visitation to my son's father while there is a…

Customer Question
Can i refuse visitation to...
Can i refuse visitation to my son's father while there is a pending cps investigation in indiana and being the custodial parent with custody that has no actual parenting plan established?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/29/2016
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The father would have a right of visitation with his child unless there's a court order in place that says otherwise. Thus, if there is no such court order in place, you couldn't technically stop him.....but if you file for an emergency custody order and ask the court to prohibit visitation due to his CPS investigation....and the court would likely approve.