Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

How do I get my home reopen as a parent

Customer Question

How do I get my home reopen as a foster parent
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
worked as a foster parent for 2 years with an agency was a good for the parent that took care of the kids Acs case was called OSI close my home with case was unfounded no letter regarding why .nothing to challenge I'm trying to get expert assistance on this situation on how to proceed next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like advice on reopening my home as a foster parent with an unfounded case
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
If your case is unfounded, you will receive notice from OCFS. Regardless of the determination made on the case, OSI may request additional actions be completed in the form of a “Corrective Action Plan,” which may or may not allow the foster children to remain with you or for you to continue fostering.

This plan will be sent to your agency and your case planner will follow-up with you directly in order to address the additional actions identified by OSI. Depending on the situation, even if the allegations are unfounded, your home may be closed to foster children.

If that has not happened, then I suggest you contact your case planner and follow up and ask about the corrective action plan. There is no guarantee, however, that you would once again be permitted to foster. The state has the full discretion.