How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my home reopen as a parent

Customer Question

How do I get my home reopen as a foster parent
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
worked as a foster parent for 2 years with an agency was a good for the parent that took care of the kids Acs case was called OSI close my home with case was unfounded no letter regarding why .nothing to challenge I'm trying to get expert assistance on this situation on how to proceed next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like advice on reopening my home as a foster parent with an unfounded case
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.
If your case is unfounded, you will receive notice from OCFS. Regardless of the determination made on the case, OSI may request additional actions be completed in the form of a “Corrective Action Plan,” which may or may not allow the foster children to remain with you or for you to continue fostering.

This plan will be sent to your agency and your case planner will follow-up with you directly in order to address the additional actions identified by OSI. Depending on the situation, even if the allegations are unfounded, your home may be closed to foster children.

If that has not happened, then I suggest you contact your case planner and follow up and ask about the corrective action plan. There is no guarantee, however, that you would once again be permitted to foster. The state has the full discretion.

Related Family Law Questions