How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife currently receives Child support 3 children from bio

Customer Question

My wife currently receives Child support for her 3 children from bio father ba course order, after 3 years of receiving these payments, social service sent us a letter stating that after a review, they show that he is Paying below the NC mínimum based on his question is "can he counter sue me (stepfather)?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You can't be sued for child support as you're not legally responsible for the he would have no rights to sue you for anything to do with child support.