Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Iam being asked to sign my rights away to a child that is…

Customer Question
Iam being asked to sign...
Iam being asked to sign my rights away to a child that is not bio. mine. I live in Colorado she lives in South Dakota. She claimes that if i do that i wont have to pay child support.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/29/2016
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...what do you mean...are you on the birth certificate?