How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10059
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I file a grievance? I 't mind them doing their job, but

Customer Question

can I file a grievance? I don't mind them doing their job, but sitting in my living room 6 days a week, 3-4 ours a night answering the same questions every night, not being able to feed kids, help them get ready for bed or even get them to bed at a decent time. the oldest has swim as his 7th hour in high school and they want him to quit the swim meets, that are a part of his grade. He is also in ROTC and they said he has to stop any after school activities.
if we don't they say we are being non compliant and threaten to take kids away.
this seems to be way too much, and if I don't do what they say they threaten to take kids away.
Is there enough to file a grievance against DHS, without the threat of them taking the kids.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this; a social worker is in your home 24 hours a week essentially? Have they come up with any type of referral program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are all scheduled for weekly counciling, and assesments. if that is what u mean.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that is what I was referring to because normally they will schedule check up visits, and not remain in the house in the evenings; let me check on the grievance process.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

The office of client advocacy handles those complaints:

However, when working with social services it is best to hire an attorney that concentrates mainly on that area because too often social workers will overstep their boundaries.

If there is a current schedule in place, then at home visits are typically limited - basically to verify that the voluntary schedule is being complied with; anything beyond that is intrusive.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Program manager contact info here: - the attorney would likely address a letter to this person detailing the grievance and asking for prompt resolution.

Here is a link to locate an attorney:

Should you have further questions please post here to continue our dialogue. Otherwise,

kindly rate positively

as I am an individual contributor and rely on positive ratings to receive compensation for providing the requested information - this does not result in additional charges to the customer, but rather allows the site to credit my account a percentage to compensate me for my time.


Related Family Law Questions