Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

, I submitted my judgment papers 9/23/2015. How is

Customer Question
I submitted my judgment...

I submitted my judgment papers 9/23/2015. How long is Hayward court taking before they act on them. Do i have to wait for california 6 months to end before the judge sign my papers.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/28/2016
Family Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Hello...you asked:

I submitted my judgment papers 9/23/2015. How long is Hayward court taking before they act on them.

A: Typically, about 90 days. Call the clerk and ask for a status.

Do i have to wait for california 6 months to end before the judge sign my papers.

A: No. The FL-180 judgment form provides in the top box the date at which marital status ends. The judge can sign the order six months before the actual end of the marriage, and the judgment will take effect after the date stated on the judgment form.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer