How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27272
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a son that is ten years old. s mother has custody of

Customer Question

i have a son that is ten years old. His mother has custody of him. i pay the required amount of child support. the custody order allows me to c him every other weekend. i recently found out he has failed the 2nd grade and is on the way of failing the third grade. I as mother if i the child can live with me , so he can go to a better school with smaller class size of course she said no. Do i have legal grounds to change custody to where as we split the time with my son.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the child. With that being said, if you can show/convince the Judge that your son will be better with you at this time, as a result of the issue with his schooling and that you can provide a better environment, you do have a good faith basis to motion the court to modify custody. You can ask that there be shared/joint custody, to allow this to happen, so there is nothing wrong with presenting this to the Judge for consideration.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Family Law Questions