Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

How do i repeal a qdro

Customer Question

how do i repeal a qdro
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What party are you and why do you want to repeal the qdro?

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

I am assuming you are the spouse with the QDRO and you have remarried. Without the info, I'm not 100% sure if this can happen as you need to have both parties agree in order to revoke it unless there is some kind of crazy reason such as fraud that would allow the court to modify the QDRO order. You will have to go back to the Court where your QDRO was issued, because that Court has continuing jurisdiction over the divorce matter, and therefore can modify or vacate orders issued. In this situation, you do need an attorney, but it shouldn’t be very expensive if this a joint motion. So basically you need to file a motion to modify with the court that had jurisdiction over the divorce and ordered the QDRO.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Just checking back in, do you have any further question? I want you to be satisfied with my service, so please let me know.