How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do i repeal a qdro

Customer Question

how do i repeal a qdro
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What party are you and why do you want to repeal the qdro?

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

I am assuming you are the spouse with the QDRO and you have remarried. Without the info, I'm not 100% sure if this can happen as you need to have both parties agree in order to revoke it unless there is some kind of crazy reason such as fraud that would allow the court to modify the QDRO order. You will have to go back to the Court where your QDRO was issued, because that Court has continuing jurisdiction over the divorce matter, and therefore can modify or vacate orders issued. In this situation, you do need an attorney, but it shouldn’t be very expensive if this a joint motion. So basically you need to file a motion to modify with the court that had jurisdiction over the divorce and ordered the QDRO.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further question? I want you to be satisfied with my service, so please let me know.

Related Family Law Questions