Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband and I are divorcing. We have a 17 year old son…

Customer Question
My husband and I are...
My husband and I are divorcing. We have a 17 year old son with autism. We have agreed to the following and need to know how to word this in the divorce:
Respondent, ***** *****son, will pay $13,000.00 worth of in-kind support payments for the care of ***** *****son each calendar year. They will include, but are not limited to: ***** Social Therapy Prescriptions and Supplements Entertainment costs The specifics of these payments will be determined each month by the petitioner and respondent. These payments will end when ***** *****son is able to provide a living for himself, otherwise they will remain in effect until the death of the respondent or ***** *****son.
In the event that ***** *****son is able to provide a living for himself prior to December 31, 2023, the amount of these payments will be paid to the petitioner, Tammy Hanson, as Alimony, along with the other ordered amount of $13,000.00 per year, for a total of $26,000.00 per year, which all shall end December 31, 2023.
Tammy Hanson will apply for a limited conservatorship for the disable child ***** *****son (Autism), and manage his care, basically having physical and legal custody of him until he is able to care for himself, regardless of his age. Visitation with the respondent, ***** *****son will continue as outlined elsewhere.
Petitioner, Tammy Hanson, and respondent, ***** *****son, both agree to continued shared financial responsibility for child, ***** *****son, until such time that he is able to provide a living for himself. Both understand that they may not ever happen. Support will continue as outlined in this document.
Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/25/2016
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

I apologize. Please disregard this response. Do not rate and your deposit will remain in tact for another professional to help you.

Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Petitioner and Respondent hereby voluntarily agree to the following provisions:
1) Respondent will pay Tammy Hanson Alimony in the amount of $13,000.00 per year, which alimony all shall end December 31, 2023.
2) Respondent ***** *****son will pay up to $13,000 worth of payments for care of their child, ***** *****son, each calendar year for care needed, which would include but not be limited to, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Social Therapy Prescriptions and Supplements Entertainment costs. The specifics of these payments will be determined each month by the petitioner and respondent. These payments will end when ***** *****son is able to provide a living for himself, otherwise they will remain in effect until the death of the respondent or ***** *****son.
3) In the event that ***** *****son is able to provide a living for himself prior to December 31, 2023, the amount of these payments, $13,000, will be paid to the petitioner in addition to her Alimony payments (for total of $26,000).
4) Tammy Hanson will apply for a limited conservatorship for the disable child ***** *****son (Autism), and manage his care, basically having physical and legal custody of him until he is able to care for himself, regardless of his age.
5) Visitation with the respondent, ***** *****son will continue as outlined elsewhere.
6) Petitioner, Tammy Hanson, and respondent, ***** *****son, both agree to continued EQUALLY shared financial responsibility for child, ***** *****son, until such time that he is able to provide a living for himself. Both understand that they may not ever happen. Support will continue as outlined in this document.
This is a sufficiently enforceable agreement here for you to put into a divorce agreement or to attach to your divorce agreement signed by the parties.