Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is flirtatious chatting over the internet adultery and

Customer Question
grounds for divorce?...
Is flirtatious chatting over the internet adultery and grounds for divorce?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/25/2016
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

No, most legal authorities define adultery as occurring when a married person engages in the act of voluntary sexual intercourse with someone other than the legal spouse. Alabama Code, Section 13A-13-12 defines adultery as follows: "A person commits adultery when he engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is not his spouse and lives in cohabitation with that other person when he or that other person is married."

.

So anything less than actual sexual intercourse is not legally considered adultery.

.

.

thanks