How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a childs grandparents live in the same town as them can

Customer Question

if a childs grandparents live in the same town as them can they visit them even if the dad doesn't comply by returning their calls or texts the boys mother died their child the father was estranged from her at the time of her death his brother who grew up with him has not been allowed to see him either what can be done about this issue
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

How old is the grandchild?

Did the grandparent visit with the grandchild in the past on the regular basis and when was the last visit?

Is the grandchild's parent willing to allow visitation with the grandparents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is 12 yrs old yes they visited regularly in the past they haven't spendayt seen him since last year this day which is his birth
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Did the grandchild ever resided with the grandparents?

Is the parent willing to allow visitation?