Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If a childs grandparents live in the same town as them can…

Customer Question
if a childs grandparents live...
if a childs grandparents live in the same town as them can they visit them even if the dad doesn't comply by returning their calls or texts the boys mother died their child the father was estranged from her at the time of her death his brother who grew up with him has not been allowed to see him either what can be done about this issue
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/25/2016
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

How old is the grandchild?

Did the grandparent visit with the grandchild in the past on the regular basis and when was the last visit?

Is the grandchild's parent willing to allow visitation with the grandparents?

he is 12 yrs old yes they visited regularly in the past they haven't spendayt seen him since last year this day which is his birth

Did the grandchild ever resided with the grandparents?

Is the parent willing to allow visitation?

Ely, Counselor at Law