How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have a pending modification of child support open in

Customer Question

If I have a pending modification of child support open in court, can I have the department of revenue take it over?
I have been waiting for a trial for this case for over two years. The petitioner has an attorney, and I don't and he keeps delaying the trial. Meanwhile, he is falling very far behind in arrears and the courts won't do anything at all. I just want child support division to take over but I heard they may not be able to until the trial is over. Now, to be clear, I already have a child support order in place, the pending action is only a modification.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I believe they can by filing an intervention. I worked for the Texas equivalent and we did it frequently.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me is this done by the actual department and is this what I would ask for? An intervention? Or is it a motion with the court?
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

You need to apply for their services and they will then decide what the appropriate legal action would be but most likely it will be an intervention. The intervention is filed with the court very similar to a motion.

Related Family Law Questions