How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34982
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister is in the hospital unconcious due a bleed on her

Customer Question

My sister is in the hospital unconcious due a bleed on her brain. Her daughter has had her moved and will not tell us where she is and is making all medical decisions for her. She was removed from my sisters home in 2004 and placed in foster care my sister lost all parental rights and was not to see her children. I think she had a vendetta that could easily proven against my sister and should not be making decisions for her i know she would not want het making them so is there anyway i can get a temporay power attorney until she becomes conscious and can make her own decisions if possible
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am truly sorry for this dilemma.

You can NOT get a POA now...a POA can only be issued by the person for whom is giving the power.

So only your sister can give a POA for her care.

That said, you CAN go to court and request that the court appoint you as guardian for your sister.

If your sister is incapacitated ? Not able to make decisions on her behalf? The court can appoint a guardian to care for her.

You can hire a local attorney and ask the court to name you as her guardian

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.