Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Continuance trial. Wife in another state I have not had time

Customer Question

Customer: Continuance for divorce trial. Wife in another state I have not had time to retain counsel went pro se in intial reponse SD statue states I need to fill a motion for continuance I also want to file a motion for mediattion
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been served initial summons. I responded pro se. Wife then set trail date for February 12. I simply need to file motion for continuance and while doing that for mediation of the financial issues as well.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. When she first filed and any time after, was mediation ever addressed with the court? The Judge never ordered it?