Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Continuance trial. Wife in another state I have not had time…

Customer Question
Continuance for divorce trial...

Continuance for divorce trial. Wife in another state I have not had time to retain counsel went pro se in intial reponse SD statue states I need to fill a motion for continuance I also want to file a motion for mediattion

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have been served initial summons. I responded pro se. Wife then set trail date for February 12. I simply need to file motion for continuance and while doing that for mediation of the financial issues as well.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/24/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Good afternoon. When she first filed and any time after, was mediation ever addressed with the court? The Judge never ordered it?

Ely, Counselor at Law