Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Continuance trial. Wife in another state I have not had time…

Customer Question
Continuance for divorce trial...

Continuance for divorce trial. Wife in another state I have not had time to retain counsel went pro se in intial reponse SD statue states I need to fill a motion for continuance I also want to file a motion for mediattion

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have been served initial summons. I responded pro se. Wife then set trail date for February 12. I simply need to file motion for continuance and while doing that for mediation of the financial issues as well.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/24/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Good afternoon. When she first filed and any time after, was mediation ever addressed with the court? The Judge never ordered it?