Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

If a judge gives you ten days minus five days already, can a

Customer Question

If a judge gives you ten days minus five days already , can a jail overrule this decision and hold you for the entire ten days?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

No, the judge has final say about whether a defendant gets credit for time served or not in any judgment. So the jail doesn't have the discretion to impose any penalty different than just what the judge ordered.

.

The only way that this generally happens is if the order isn't sent over to the jail or there is some type of miscommunication.

.

.

thanks