Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can my ex husband still claim our chsten if he is behind on…

Customer Question
Can my ex husband still...
Can my ex husband still claim our chsten if he is behind on child support?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/23/2016
Family Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If it is one of the years that he can claim the children on his taxes pursuant to the divorce settlement agreement, then yes. Whether he pays child support or not (or is behind), has no impact on the rest of the terms of the divorce settlement agreement.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.