Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Gps tracking
, my ex partner was sitting outside my…

Customer Question
Gps tracking Lawyer's...

Gps tracking

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My ex partner was sitting outside my house quite a lot, the police gave a verbal warning. He vandalized my dads car, slashed tyres and wrote my name on it, burnt out my friends car so I put a gps tracker on his car to see if he was around my parents home or mine, is this illegal?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/23/2016
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

No you cannot GPS a vehicle unless you are on the title. Otherwise, it is trespass, invasion of privacy, stalking and harassment. And yes, those charges can be brought. The better solution is to install some sort of outside security camera hidden.