Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Gps tracking
, my ex partner was sitting outside my

Customer Question

Customer: gps tracking
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my ex partner was sitting outside my house quite a lot, the police gave a verbal warning. He vandalized my dads car, slashed tyres and wrote my name on it, burnt out my friends car so I put a gps tracker on his car to see if he was around my parents home or mine, is this illegal?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Family Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

No you cannot GPS a vehicle unless you are on the title. Otherwise, it is trespass, invasion of privacy, stalking and harassment. And yes, those charges can be brought. The better solution is to install some sort of outside security camera hidden.