How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 28366
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was adopted in 1942 in San Francisco. My current birth

Customer Question

I was adopted in 1942 in San Francisco. My current birth certificate from Sacramento lists the names of my adoptive parents as father and mother. I know the names of my birth mother and father, but there may be information on the sealed birth certificate that would enable me to find my half-brother and half-sister. Do I need a lawyer to prepare a court order or can I do it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. As long as you are comfortable handling this on your own or willing to try and put forth the effort to do so, you do not need an attorney and can do it on your own. Retaining an attorney would certainly make the process easier and possible quicker but you should be able to proceed on your own to obtain the information you receive, as long as you understand the process.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.