How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 54 years old and has alienated me from being s

Customer Question

Customer: My son is 54 years old and has alienated me from being his mother. I am ready to end it all. His wife convinced him of negative hateful things, (she is mentally ill) and he believes her. I can't go on. ***** ***** Janisw Janis
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I told my sister things in confidence and she told my daughter-in-law that I hated her (which I don't) and hated my grandchildren (which I don't) and that I hated my only son. (don't) My sister told me that my son is only looking out for himself, and is a 'user" and damn it, I agreed. She started it and I agreed, and this was supposedly just between us. My daughter in law told me that I am not allowed to see my son or grandchildren and I will never see them grow up. My son believes her. She has done this to her mother also. She has no friends. My son and I were close before and this is so painful. She blocked my phone # ***** his # ***** their house # ***** also won't allow him to talk to me when I call.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This is all very unfortunate. Is there a question that I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stated my question. What would you suggest that I do to re-gain my son's affection. I know he has to make the first move, but what do I do in the meantime? Where is the secure page that I can visit to see your answer?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

That's not really a legal question? I don't see how I can help you as an attorney?