Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband child just turned 18 today, he has paid all s…

Customer Question
my husband child just turned...
my husband child just turned 18 today, he has paid all his child support every month with no issues, will his child support automatically end or do we need to file paperwork to terminate the payments?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/21/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Good morning. Does he pay on his own or are they deducted from his bank account or paycheck?

they are automatically deducted every month from paycheck
Hello

I am here

Income Withholding Orders, that are issued by the Court, now contain a presumptive termination date which the employer stops withholding on that date as long as there is no payment on arrears included on the order. If there is a payment on arrears or your Income Withholding Order does not include a presumptive terminate date, you must initiate an action to stop the Income Withholding Order by filing a Request to Stop an Income Withholding Order.If your case is IVD, you should contact DCSE(###) ###-#### ***** request that the Income Withholding Order be stopped.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.