How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118130
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed up last night but could not wait. I accidently gave

Customer Question

I signed up last night but could not wait for answer. I accidently gave an old email address. I asked about x-es company not paying court ordered garnishment. It was served in May 2014. This has been a six year ordeal. What step do I take to make his company as it says on 2nd sheet of garnishment papers responsible for unpaid garnishment?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Email 12kitzykat24 @
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He owes $70,000 plus in arrears.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Read something about registering with court the way SSI does child support?
Expert:  Glenn Zimmerman replied 1 year ago.

I would go to the clerk's office and get a copy of the return of service for the garnishment. There should also be an answer from the employer. If they stated that he worked there and that they would withhold , then you can file a request to add them as parties and request the court to order them to show cause why they should not be held in contempt. You will need to be able to show how much they should have withheld and the interest due you. I suggest that you get a local attorney to help that knows child support. You may be able to sign up with your local IV-D agency to asist you. Good Luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply. there was no answer from employer but for about six months they sent half of the amount they were ordered to. What is IV-D? It is not child support if it were I would have had help 6 years ago. It is for a 62 yr old disabled woman who is having to live on SSDI of $900. I have already spent every penny I could find for the 1st lawyer who did not help. I guess I will just pay you your money and go back to being my own lawyer.
Expert:  Glenn Zimmerman replied 1 year ago.

Then the answer and steps are the same. If they sent half the money that means they answered the court. You may not have gotten a copy of the answer, but check the clerk's office. You will still take the steps I outlined, with the exceptiob of getting IV-D help. Good Luck.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor opted out. Is there additional information you would like or that I could provide you?