How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41071
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To answer the last question that was asked of me; my Sister

Customer Question

To answer the last question that was asked of me; my Sister had no will, and I (Steve Carse, her brother) have the power of attorney concerning our estate, which is a Living Trust of my Mothers'.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.

You can try a small estate affidavit.You mail them the affidavit and the check and ask that it be reissued in your name if you are sole heir or names if there are more.This way you can then deposit the reissued check and avoid more costly probate.

Here is self help and affidavit to walk you through it.This is the cheapest way I would try this first.See if they will not just reissue the check.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always sincerely appreciated.