Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Today I received a letter saying a lawsuit has been filed…

Customer Question
today I received a letter...
today I received a letter saying a lawsuit has been filed against me for 4500 from my childs old daycare he attended nov 2011 to may 2012 I was on Illinois daycare action and the daycare said they took told me which I have in a email it would 484 a month in may 2012 the state contacted me and said they were not approved daycare for 3 and younger. so I removed him cuz I could not afford what they wanted to raise it 1200 a month. I paid all the months he was the there now 4 yrs later she filed a lawsuit saying I owe her 4500 I just don't know what to do I am a single mom and cant afford my wages garnished. in 4yrs she only contacted me 1 time and threatened me that I owe her 2800 dollars then I heard nothing till I got home today I'm so confused on do I need a lawyer or do I go to court with my documents and emails from her
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/21/2016
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

To be clear, they represented that they took the state daycare and we're approved for the program?