Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need help with a quick claim deed My ex wife lives in

Customer Question
I need help with a...
I need help with a quick claim deed
My ex wife lives in Nevada in a house that is still in my name
Need to get it off my name
I live in Texas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2016
Family Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what your question is? And what did the quitclaim deed she sent you say?

quitclaim deed
This indenture witness that the grantors:
**** m **** & **** c **** for a consideration of zero dollars $0.00 do hereby quitclaim the right title and interest if any which grantor may have in all that real property the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged to the grantee **** **** aka **** c **** **** & **** c **** all the real property situated in the citu of las vegas county of clark state of nevada bounded and described as follows
commonly known address **** **** **** las vegas nevada ****
legal description **** **** **** #3 **** **** 5 **** 75 **** 14 **** 8
together with all and singular hereditament and appurtenances thereunto belonging or in any way appertaining to
in witness whereof i/we have hereunto set my hand/our hands on _____ day of ____
signature of grantor (her signature)
signature of grantor (she is put my name also)
below state of nevada county clark
appearance before notary public
executed the dame freely an voluntarily and for the uses and purposes therein mentioned
(my feeling is it needs corrections as first of all she is not the main person on the loan, but me, i need to get it off my name it has been more than 3 years since our divorce i have not lived in that property for over 4 years... the mortgage on the house is about what the house is worth)
we need to file the quick claim with the court because she is always trying to pull one on me
she opened to child supp cases in 2 different states
she sends me medical bills and has been reimbursed for them
when she got the bills of my name in the house she sent the final bills to me and they were going on my credit so i had to pay them
she has numerous different aliases
i just need a quick claim deed that is clear that will protect me from anything she might try to pull or that will allow me to sell it if she does not get the house and loan out of my name within 6 months from deed date
i cant buy a house because that house has been in my name forever and she makes every single payment late, affecting my credit score

First of all, I can't draft a quitclaim deed for you, as that's considered legal representation (you would be my client in such a situation) and legal representation is violates the terms of service of this site. I can only "Just Answer" your questions (hence the name of the site). So can you tell me what your specific question is?

Also, you do understand that a quitclaim deed only affects ownership, not obligation to pay the mortgage, correct? That is, you cannot use a quitclaim deed to remove yourself from the mortgage obligation?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

i guess there is no question then

Okay. So to be clear, you don't want to continue? I'll send this to customer service to close it out and refund your deposit, okay?

thank you

You're welcome.