Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter has 2 children but the father has custody of 1…

Customer Question
My daughter has 2 children...
My daughter has 2 children but the father has custody of 1 of the children and they had split up and he got a exparte order against my Daughter since then they have gotten back together but that order is still in effect My concerned questions would be
1: Would that Order be null and void now since they are back together
2: Are both parents in contempt of that order
3.Are What route needs to be taken here?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2016
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

A few minutes please as I look into this for you.

A court order is still in effect unless there is a date of termination on the face of the order, or it is later modified or terminated. For restraining orders, the proper procedure, if there is no expiration date, is to bring a request for order of termination.

The party violating the order (the restrained party) is in contempt; however, if the other party does not bring a contempt motion then generally there is no reinforcement unless there is a previously scheduled hearing to determine compliance. The standard course of action upon reconciliation however is to have the order terminated.

Information here: https://www.courts.mo.gov/file.jsp?id=69655

I hope I've answered your question to your satisfaction. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask and I will get do my best-- If I have fully answered your question to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! Thank you; it's been a pleasure to assist you.

Please see page 16 on the process for termination:

http://www.16thcircuit.org/data/sites/1/media/civil_records/AdultAbuseBooklet.pdf

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer