How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a consistent relatiainshinponship with my 15 year

Customer Question

I have had a consistent relatiainshinponship with my 15 year old granddaughter all her life. parents are deivorsed . what are my rites to see her/
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

The State of Arizona has a provision which allows visitation for grandparents over a parent’s objection. In order to accomplish this; (1) the grandparent must overcome the presumption that the parent always acts “in the best interest of the child,” and (2) access to the grandparents is in the child’s best interest. This burden must be overcome by a “preponderance of the evidence” (i.e. the grandparent must show by a 51% probability that visitation is “in the child’s best interests) You also need to demonstrate one of the following applies to your situation:

A It has been at least three months since your grandchild’s parents have been divorced.

B. One of the parents has been deceased or missing for at least three months. There are two circumstances in which a parent would be considered missing – either the parent’s location is unknown or law enforcement has declared him or her missing.

C. The parents were not married when your grandchild was born.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you do not need further assistance please accept and rate the answer.

Related Family Law Questions