Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My mother has to appear in court TOMORROW "open house party"

Customer Question
My mother has to appear...
My mother has to appear in court TOMORROW for an "open house party" charge. The bond, $500, was paid in November. I found out yesterday that she is to appear in municipal court tomorrow! (She tried to keep this information from me.) I've reached out to try to obtain an attorney to be there, but not sure if that will be possible this late. If she does not have representation, what does she say? Obviously, I'm scared for her. The party was at my house, while my husband & I were out of the country, & involved our 16 year old son. She really didn't know what was going on. My 6 year old was on the couch the entire time (this was according to the police officer that I spoke with that night after a friend called to let me know what was going on.) No one else was charged.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/20/2016
Family Lawyer: Glenn Zimmerman,
 replied 2 years ago
Glenn Zimmerman

What city are you in. I am an Alabama attorney. I suggest you use the phone call option. I will stay online for awhile to aallow you to do this.

Family Lawyer: Glenn Zimmerman,
 replied 2 years ago

You may also private message me.

Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

So she was at the house while you were away, caring for the 16 year old and 6 year old? If so, what exactly went on that the police were called and what did your son do?