How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married to another man and got pregnant. The guy I got

Customer Question

I was married to another man and got pregnant. The guy I got pregnant by didn't know about til 15 years later. While I was pregnant I dated someone else and he signed an acknowledgement of paternity at the hospital. I later divorced my husband and married the guy that signed the acknowledgement of paternity. Now the bio dad wants a blood test. Can he force me to take one?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

He could certainly seek a paternity test in court. The issue is already complicated for you in that the man you were married to is presumed the dad but then the other guy signed the AOP. This would be enough of factual issue for the biological father to ask for a paternity test.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

My research shows that Arkansas has no statute of limitations to establish paternity. You would be entitled to child support if the person asking for the test proves to be the father.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?

Related Family Law Questions