Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I went through a divorce while working in Afghanistan, I…

Customer Question
I went through a divorce...
I went through a divorce while working in Afghanistan, I told the judge what I would agree to in the divorce, but my lawyer wrote the agreement without adhering to my statements and wishes. I believe she sided with my wife and purposely misrepresented me, this was four years ago and now I am having problems. My main agreement was my ex wife could keep the house loan under both our names for three years, as long as she was making payments. It has been four years and she has missed payments many times, my credit rating is getting worse and worse, my lawyer, simply put on the agreement she could keep the house loan in my name as long as she was making the payments. I said 3 years in court, she changed it and did not send me the papers to see she did that for a year. What can I do now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/19/2016
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Did you sign the Marital Settlement Agreement?

Ely, Counselor at Law