Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is a member of a private country club entitled to receive…

Customer Question
Is a member of a...
Is a member of a private country club entitled to receive spousal benefits for his domestic partner where the Constitution and Regulations award benefits to minor family members and a "spouse"? The county has a domestic benefits law and registry.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/18/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

They are not required to extend those benefits to domestic partners because they are a private club however there is a good basis to challenge that stance for discrimination in court.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer