How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My issue is I divorced 6 years aho and my ex's atty never

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** my issue is I divorced 6 years aho and my ex's atty never filed the 3 QDRO's which me and my atty had signed. My atty is no longer practicing law . My ex has now retired and I'm receiving nothing nor was I notified. What shall I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My atty and I signed all 3 QDRO's and my ex's atty never filed them as per the mediation ordered My ex has now retired and I'm getting nothing and my atty has also quit practicing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Family Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. I want to make sure I understand...why are their 3 QDRO's? Are there 3 separate accounts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone me please(###) ###-####
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I sent the phone call offer for $20. If you accept we can chat on the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have decided not to do the phone call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to cancel this now. It stated off at $18 now its at $22. I would like a refund please

Related Family Law Questions