Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How can I found out if my ex husband has a life insurance on

Customer Question
my life? He told me...
How can I found out if my ex husband has a life insurance on my life? He told me he did with the military, for around $350,000. He has since remarried, but I don't trust him, he is a sociopath.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
1/18/2016
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If there was a policy you would need to answer questions about your health and sign an insurance application. Persons can’t take a life insurance policy out on an ex spouse secretly. It’s impossible unless he can prove an insurable interest and you took a medical exam and answered questions on the application.

And if he has a policy through benefits with the military, once he remarried the current spouse would need to be the beneficiary on any of his policies.

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law