How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2138
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just recently had a custody modification hearing where my

Customer Question

I just recently had a custody modification hearing where my child support was changed to a higher amount and I was granted the parenting plan B which allows me more visitation my question is however that the original child support addendum says I have to pay half of medical expenses for my son but this recent modification was I assumed in place of the old one and says nothing about paying half of medical am i still under an obligation since the modification does not have language that supports this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, if a new and subsequent order is silent on an issue in the prior order, then the language on the medical support being 50/50 still applies. Only explicit issues that are changed in the new order overrule the prior order.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you need further assistance, let us know, otherwise, please "accept" the answer. If you are inclined, a positive rating is appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions