Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I just recently had a custody modification hearing where my

Customer Question
child support was changed to...
I just recently had a custody modification hearing where my child support was changed to a higher amount and I was granted the parenting plan B which allows me more visitation my question is however that the original child support addendum says I have to pay half of medical expenses for my son but this recent modification was I assumed in place of the old one and says nothing about paying half of medical am i still under an obligation since the modification does not have language that supports this
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/17/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Unfortunately, if a new and subsequent order is silent on an issue in the prior order, then the language on the medical support being 50/50 still applies. Only explicit issues that are changed in the new order overrule the prior order.

Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you need further assistance, let us know, otherwise, please "accept" the answer. If you are inclined, a positive rating is appreciated.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer