Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I just recently had a custody modification hearing where my…

Customer Question
I just recently had a...
I just recently had a custody modification hearing where my child support was changed to a higher amount and I was granted the parenting plan B which allows me more visitation my question is however that the original child support addendum says I have to pay half of medical expenses for my son but this recent modification was I assumed in place of the old one and says nothing about paying half of medical am i still under an obligation since the modification does not have language that supports this
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/17/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Unfortunately, if a new and subsequent order is silent on an issue in the prior order, then the language on the medical support being 50/50 still applies. Only explicit issues that are changed in the new order overrule the prior order.

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you need further assistance, let us know, otherwise, please "accept" the answer. If you are inclined, a positive rating is appreciated.