How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31789
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have lived at my present residence years. I got married

Customer Question

I have lived at my present residence for 30 years. I got married about 6 years ago. My present wife has never contributed to helping with the house nor expenses of the household. The property is in my name only. Can I make her leave ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer licensed in Tennessee. Thanks for your question and I'll be glad to assist.

If this is your marital residence, no you cannot make her leave......short of a court order (which would likely stem from a divorce).

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thus, there's no way to force her to leave unless you were to file for divorce and ask the court for a restraining order against her that includes an order directing her to vacate the premises.