Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How do I word the file page in my divorce case when I am

Customer Question
asking the court to rule...
How do I word the file page in my divorce case when I am asking the court to rule on the plaintiff not paying her share of expenses shown in the temporary orders and must I add additional information on another page to the court or just ask for a hearing on the matter? The court has ruled and I did file a motion for a new trial and will be filing an appeal next week but I need the amount she owes to be known and that she is in contempt
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/15/2016
Family Lawyer: Glenn Zimmerman,
 replied 1 year ago
Glenn Zimmerman

Please be advised that if you plan on appealing next week, then you should not file the contempt petition. You can file the contempt, but this will mean that nothing is final until all issues are resolved Appellate courts will not hear an appeal while anything is pending. Pay rate and pay me. If you filed a motion for a new trial then that should extend the time for appeal. Check with a local attorney in your state, as all states have different laws. What I have told you is true in most states, but without more information and being licensed in your state, I cannot say more. Good luck and rate me high.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for replying. Sometimes it is days before I get a reply and I wanted to file this contempt today but your advise tells me I should wait even though your not sure about Texas law. I will wait but you also failed to provide the wording for the contempt order request which I may have to ask for in the appeal but you also didn't give any advise on how to put it in an appeal, so can you please eloborate?
Family Lawyer: Glenn Zimmerman,
 replied 1 year ago

I am sorry. You didn't ask for all that. I will opt out and see if anyone from Texas answers. I can't file in Texas and $9.00 is just not worth it to me. I answered your question about whether you could and should file. Good luck.

Glenn Zimmerman
Glenn Zimmerman
Glenn Zimmerman