How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37852
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

YOu were kind enough to inform me that Entry of Judgement

Customer Question

YOu were kind enough to inform me that Entry of Judgement awarded the defendant "costs according to proof", in a Summary Judgement that went against me, the plaintiff. As mentioned, I will eventually get the cost itemization. Do I assume correctly that it would be unusual for those costs to include all Legal fees? Thank you, Frank
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

Thanks for asking for me.

In contract actions (suits for Breach of Contract) where the contract language calls for the prevailing party to be awarded reasonable attorney fees, then in most instances the court will award them to the prevailing party on request following a judgment.

Otherwise, attorney fees are not normally ordered by the judge.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Related Family Law Questions