How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4823
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their family law questions and I'm experienced in family law litigation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm going through a brake up & separating property. My ex

Customer Question

I'm going through a brake up & separating property. My ex purchased a Atv for my son 2-3yrs ago. He still owes $2000. My ex said he would write a letter documenting he gave my son the Atv. My concern is if my ex stops paying the payments can the creditors repo it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

To answer your question directly, it depends on the loan agreement with the business that sold him the ATV. Some agreements allow repossession if payments are missed. Some agreements only allow the business to sue the buyer. However, him writing a letter stating that he's giving it to your son has no bearing on whether or not it can be repossessed.

Related Family Law Questions