Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I gave details on a previous post in regards to the

Customer Question
Hi, I gave details on...
Hi, I gave details on a previous post in regards ***** ***** restraining orders on my now ex's ex. I went to court today for the permanent injunction against me by both of them. I was told by the friend that in addition to the threat she made about removing the kids from the country, she forced him to file one against me in attempts to stop us from contacting each other. In fact, she found out he was still contacting me from his work number and via email. She knew I knew about the blackmailing she was committing against him and had proof to expose her. We went to court today and she played the victim as usual. Despite asking the judge to review my evidence of her harassment and cyber stalking me since early October, the judge literally overlooked it, and proceeded to slander me in the courtroom. Without verifying evidence, she was biased or prejudice, she even made fun of me saying she couldn't take me seriously because of how I was dressed (I wore a long sleeved shirt, skirt and heels). Nothing was wrong with what I wore. When the ex lied about seeing me in their neighborhood, I had surgery on that date in a different county!! The judge made her decision based on heresy, and accused me of being mentally unfit by saying I "was unglued". I continued asking her to please look at everything that was organized by date and time, even receipts proving my location each day! Nothing. She was derogatory and spoke over me and immediately dismissed my injunction against the ex, and granted permanent injunction against me for them. I plan on reporting her and asking the courts to listen to the recording of that court date, filing order of protection against the ex in broward county where I reside, and looking about ending the permanent injunction against me by both of them. Can I do this? And what do I need to know?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/14/2016
Family Lawyer: Chris T., JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

To answer your question directly, yes, you can ask the court above her to review the case. While they won't listen to the recordings, they will review a written copy of the transcript. To get this done, you will need to file a notice of appeal, and then appeal your case. You have to make legal arguments as to how the judge erred in your case, and you are asking the judges to see if your judge followed the law appropriately.

Hi, thanks for your response. I would like to know that if in the event I am granted an appeal, if I can prove that their allegations after sworn oath was false, what happens? Did the judge follow the law in insinuating an altered state, teasing my choice of clothing (in which I was covered), joking about not taking me seriously, and overlooking the evidence I provided?? Also, can I file an injunction/protection against the ex and his ex in my county? How do I report the judge?

You don't have to be granted an appeal...you get one if you ask for it automatically. On appeal, however, you cannot introduce new evidence. You are limited to what was introduced at the lower court. You can point out that the judge was improperly biased against you for one reason or another. If you want to report the judge, you need to make the complaint to the Florida judicial commission, which you can find here: http://www.floridajqc.com/

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go.

Can I file an injunction/protection against the ex and his ex in my county and add the police reports I had on record against them as I live in broward county? The reason is I don't feel safe at all. Their case was in Miami-Dade.

You can ask for an injunction in a separate proceeding, but you can't include the police reports in the appeal. You are limited to what was introduced in the lower court.

Does that answer your question? If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go.

If I understand correctly, I CAN file a restraining order against them in Broward county where I reside for safety reasons in addition to sticking to what was introduced to lower court. The appeal would be taking place in Miami dade county, where the hearing was held yesterday.

You can file for a restraining order wherever you live.

I hope that answers your question. If so, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.

If their permanent injunction is now in effect against me, are they currently able to pursue further actions against me even if I DON'T violate it?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "pursue further actions." Can you explain that a little further?

Now that there's a permanent restraining order in effect, she could lie and say I violated the order. This wouldn't be a surprise because she lied about seeing me three weeks ago when and that week I had surgery AND was post-op under physicians care and medication!! They showed no proof that it was me and the judge listened to her!!
Given that I DON'T violate the restraining order, can she do anything malicious to cause me any more problems?

I'm not sure what to tell you if she lies and says you were somewhere you weren't. Usually, you can prove through cell phone records (assuming you have it with you) where you have been. Outside of that, it all comes down to who a judge believes.

As far as whether there is ANYTHING she can do to cause you more problems, if she's willing to lie, I suppose she could accuse you of nearly anything. However, the restraining order should be the end of it and there isn't anything else she can do if you totally avoid her.

Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer