Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How does a parent regain legal guardianship?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/13/2016
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This depends on context...can you provide some context? What happened?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
late husband became ill, I was primary caregiver he became ill in 2009, we moved to La Porte to be near daughter for help in 2012, husband passed a month after our move. I became ill in 2010 it has progressed and now am home bound and so just couldn't get to the paperwork that I should have...Son comes home for two weeks at a time several times a year we speak by phone at least 2 times every day.......I need to have input in his care and he wants me to. Please help

Sorry...you want input in his care? Whose care? Your son?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you P.Simmons, have the needed answer
Ely, Counselor at Law