How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question is how and what actions should I take as a

Customer Question

Question is how and what actions should I take as a respondent
For divorce finalize to Lawyer & Petitioner. Petitioner didnt follow completion of mediation, failed to noterize and sign agreement. I the respondent, noterized agreement, and mail to mediation petitioner fail to comply to deadline and to respond to mediation. Mediato filed unresolved and to appoint GAL. Petitioners lawyer letters commissioner .Petitioner appointed GAL, on petitioners behalf not mine. GAL has 120 days to investigate, that was appointed April 14, 2015. I have no information on the petitions against me and GAL will constantly reschedule on meetings and not return phone calls to request a schedule to meet to complete investigation. Withhold all of petitioners orders to show cause, was to unknowen issues as a father. I have already have forced a GAL the petitioner to appear to court to decide school placement . My son now on temporary for school. The court session for holiday schedule agreement. GAL contacted morning of hearing and explained I agree to about 80% and need to discuss very minor changes to schedule for my sons best interest in spending time with both families. GAL canceled hearing and I find that out while im driving to court. Since then petitioner violated temporary court order. I have police file claim and report #. GAL reschedule twice then for home visit, cause my son has to be present for Gal to do home visit, as Gal explained because of petitioners request Petitioner will not communicate with me on anything, neglects to work with decisions concerning my son. With holds all medical and health insurance info. So any advice for a pro se that could force the honest investigation for my childs best well being.
How to get new GAL due to neglagence of duties, and Non completion of report , file contempt on petiitoner, and to obtain police report for contempt evidence.
Also to get discovery of the documents that petitoner has used in child custody proceedings
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
brown county
green bay wi
I have all forms filed and all records if you need info attached
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the case records
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Thank you; unfortunately we aren't allow to review legal documents being that that requires an attorney client relationship, and this public forum is not private.

A few moments please as I continue the rest of my response.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Any party to the proceeding may request termination of the GAL pursuant to the following statute:

(5) Termination and extension of appointment. The appointment of a guardian ad litem under sub. (1) terminates upon the entry of the court's final order or upon the termination of any appeal in which the guardian ad litem participates. The guardian ad litem may appeal, may participate in an appeal or may do neither. If an appeal is taken by any party and the guardian ad litem chooses not to participate in that appeal, he or she shall file with the appellate court a statement of reasons for not participating. Irrespective of the guardian ad litem's decision not to participate in an appeal, the appellate court may order the guardian ad litem to participate in the appeal. At any time, the guardian ad litem, any party or the person for whom the appointment is made may request in writing that the court extend or terminate the appointment or reappointment. The court may extend that appointment, or reappoint a guardian ad litem appointed under this section, after the final order or after the termination of the appeal, but the court shall specifically state the scope of the responsibilities of the guardian ad litem during the period of that extension or reappointment. 767.407 (4m) -

The purpose of the GAL is to help facilitate custody agreements in the best interests of the child; so if the GAL is actually obstructing the process the court is more likely to appoint an alternative GAL. One may submit a declaration of the dates of missed appointments.

More information here:

If a party is in violation of a court order, and the violation is knowing and willful, one may file a motion for contempt. If there is no justification for the violation of the order, the court may impose sanctions such as fines, attorney fees, and even jail time.

FA 4172 is the form to use; please let me know if you need a link.

As for police reports, each district has it's own process; for example please see:

The declaration submitted with the motion may also detail the events of the contempt.

I hope I've answered your question to your satisfaction. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask and I will get do my best-- If I have fully answered your question to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! Thank you; it's been a pleasure to assist you.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you would like a link to the motion -thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send link
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.


Here it is:

That is the form for the contempt motion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

There is an additional charge to retrieve multiple forms. I will send you an additional service offer. Thank you!