How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 4 years old and s dad signed s birth certificate

Customer Question

my son is 4 years old and his dad signed his birth certificate but hes not apart of his life is there anyway i can have my sons last name changed to mine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can but it would require an order by a judge. You should be receiving child support. A child support order can have language that modifies the name and birth certificate. Once you have the order you can contact the Government agency in Georgia.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance, just let us know. If not, can you accept it so that I can close it out?

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

If you could accept and rate the answer I can then close it out.

Related Family Law Questions